Friday, September 9, 2011

4 Weeks?!

It can't be possible that our baby boy is 4 weeks old tomorrow.

























Time is going by WAY too fast. I have to go back to work in a month and it literally makes me sick to my stomach when I think about leaving him for extended periods of time. I've only left him for a total of 30 minutes since he was born and even that was hard to do.

Ok, enough about the depressing stuff...

Owen is still a really good baby. He is stretching his sleeping at night out to 5 hours at a time but still likes to eat every 3 hours during the day. I'm totally fine with this!

He's still wearing newborn-sized clothes and diapers but I feel like we are on the verge of transitioning to 0-3 months in the clothing department soon. The way they size baby clothing is crazy to me...some newborn things are still baggy on him and other things are tight. Weird, I tell ya. I think we'll still be in newborn diapers a bit longer, mainly because he likes to pee out of his diapers all the time and the smaller diapers seem to work better at keeping the urine contained. Some days it seems we change clothes as many times as we change diapers...and that's a lot of changing!

And can I just say that this child is the king of pooping in a freshly changed diaper. We sure go through the diapers in this house. Thankfully we were blessed with so many packs/boxes of diapers at all of our baby showers that we haven't had to buy any yet and probably won't have to for awhile. Holla!

We have kept our outings to a minimum this first month, but some of the places we've taken Owen so far are:
-the doctor
-Nonna's volleyball game
-big sister Peyton's softball game
-Mama Dips for Uncle Matt's birthday
-big sister Raegan's soccer practice
-Uncle John's football game tonight (GO COMETS!!)

I'll try to venture out more this next month but I honestly have really enjoyed having an excuse to stay at home. Somedays I feel a little more stir crazy than others, but overall I've enjoyed being at home with Owen.

Oh, I think Owen has decided he likes bath time now. He screamed through his first bath but lately he seems to enjoy laying in the warm water and creating his own waterworks. :)

























That's all the updating I can think of right now. I still can't believe 4 weeks have passed. He'll be going to college before I know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment